Schedule a Ride
Call our Dispatchers at 812-254-3225 and be prepared to provide the information listed below. Vans are available on first-come, first-serve basis. It is best to call 24 hours or more in advance to schedule a ride. Same day services will be accommodated only if schedules allow with an additional fee.
When requesting a ride, please be ready to provide:
- Your name, address and phone number
- Date and time of your request
- Destination, address and return time
- Will you be using a wheelchair or mobility device
- If you will be traveling with a personal care attendant
Individuals needing a service accommodation or modification must notify Ride Solution of the request when making a reservation. Ride Solution will attempt to honor all reasonable accommodation requests.
Cancellations and “No Shows”
It is important that if you don’t need your trip that you cancel at least 1 hour prior to your scheduled pickup time. Cancellations can be left on our voice mail when the office is closed.
If the bus arrives to pick you up and the driver cannot locate you or you have failed to cancel your trip at least 1 hour prior to your scheduled pickup time you will be considered a No Show. No Shows waste time and money, make other passengers late and cause service denials to others.
If you are reported as a No Show subsequent scheduled trips for that day are automatically cancelled until we hear from you to confirm your schedule.
If you recorded as a No Show for 20% or more of your scheduled rides within a 60-day period your service will be suspended for 10-days. You can appeal your suspension by calling Ride Solution at (812) 257-1101 and asking to speak to the Transportation Coordinator.
Ride Solution reserves the right to suspend operation on certain routes if roads are deemed unsafe for passengers or drivers.
- No smoking or chewing tobacco
- No eating or drinking
- Please use seat belts as required by law
- Stay seated when vehicle is moving
- Please be courteous, no profane language
- For your safety, please do not distract the driver
- Disregard for any of the above may result in loss of riding privileges
- Ride Solution is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items
No specific Requests
It is the goal of Ride Solution to provide the greatest number of passengers with prompt, efficient, friendly service at an affordable price.
Therefore, we are unable to honor specific requests for the following: drivers, seats, vehicles or routes.
- Passengers should be aware that the driver may be picking up and dropping off other passengers before reaching their destination
- Passengers should expect that delays can occur due to traffic, bad weather or any other problem beyond the drivers control
- The driver is only allowed to wait on passengers 5 minutes after scheduled pick-up time
- If driver has not arrived 15 minutes after scheduled pick-up time, please call dispatch
- Riders may call 812-254-3225 and ask to speak with the Director if customer service expectations are not being met